As well as supplying information about floor sanding; we also like to keep our potential clients and existing customers informed about the true advantages of wooden floors.
There are wide-ranging reasons why someone would choose to lay a wood floor in their home or business and the following information pays testament to the popularity and success of this intrinsically beautiful floor covering.
It is important to consider the fact that installing wood floors is a life-long product that will not only offer aesthetic natural beauty but durability and versatility. This can be shown in the below information:
Why Install A Wood Floor?
- To ensure that your floor is protected from moisture and heavy wear which will inevitably create scratches.
- To use preventative methods such as rugs, mats, floor protectors to protect the floor
- Employ the use of an experienced hardwood floor cleaner. Incorrect usage of products can damage the floor, contribute to additional wear and may cause failure when recoating in the future.
– Installing a wood floor adds value to your property; it is widely understood that wood floors are a sought after hard surface flooring in homes and businesses that are being built and remodelled.
– This floor type is a natural resource; which means that it is sustainable. There are strict and stringent rules with regards to forestry nowadays which means that new growth is managed in line with felling.
– Variety; there are huge variations available that alter in finishes, type, size, colours and design. This means that a type can be selected to compliment the space that you are covering.
– The creation of a healthier living environment; wooden floors do not harbour dust mites, moulds or allergens that often saturate some other floor coverings. Reduced toxins produce improved indoor air quality.
If your wood floor is looking dull, lifeless and worn please contact us today on 0845 4599941 to arrange a wood floor restoration quotation.
By On July 12, 2015 No Comments
What we don’t know about floor sanding isn’t worth knowing!
Experience has allowed us to build up an extensive understanding of the individual intricacies and requirements of different types of wooden floors.
While this allows us to offer superior results for restoring wood floors; we find that it is important to take every opportunity to keep our clients well-informed with regards to tips and tricks that will help them.
Here are some tips and tricks for restoring a wood floor:
The exceptional thing about wood floors is that whether you are simply looking to refinish your floor or if you have discovered old wooden boards beneath another floor covering; you have the ability to restore it to its originally-laid look!
Tip Number 2: preparation is the key! A thorough investigation will take place prior to any work commencing. This will determine the condition of the wood flooring and the finish products previously applied.
Tip Number 3: invest extra attention to problem areas. We spend additional time on these areas as they often require extra preparation work. This is worthwhile as it will ensure the end result is seamless.
Tip Number 4: clear the room of any personal belongings and furniture. Although fixtures and fittings are always covered and protected during the process; taking out smaller items will speed up the floor sanding process.
Tip Number 5: spend time on choosing the best wood finish that will suit your existing décor. Individual tastes are very different and what someone may like; another person may feel as though it is unsuitable. Wood finishes also need to be selected so that they are equipped to cope with the usage of the space that you are refinishing.
Wood floors can throw up many challenges during the restoration process. We often come across clients who are at their wits end with what to do with their wooden floor; we aim to take away the stress and pressure and confidently offer a comprehensive sanding service. Call us today on 0845 4599941.
By On January 22, 2015 No Comments
This is a great opportunity to discuss the careful restoration of parquet floors and the importance of restoring its natural uniqueness. It is often an incredible surprise to remove a carpet during a renovation project to reveal an original parquet floor, hiding beneath.
It is inevitable that the parquet blocks will require a full restoration service as being covered for many years will result in many problems that must be tackled in order to get its looking at its best.
This was certainly the case with this floor sanding job that we took on in Lincoln. All loose blocks were fully fixed. These can be identified by visible movement or by hollow sounds.
Older floors may have been fitted or fixed with different products. It is therefore important that this is recognised and the appropriate cleaning products are selected to compliment the restoration process.
Our industrial sanding machinery is used with varying grit sandpapers to produce an even finish. It is an inevitable part of the job that this process requires a lot more effort if the wooden boards are covered with carpet adhesive.
An edging tool is then used to ensure that an even finish is produced. Alongside the sanding process all gaps and possible cracks are filled. Numerous rounds of sanding prepared the wood floor for the finish that was selected by our client.
We then advised our clients that no furniture should be replaced within the room until the floor was fully dried. This ensures that no damage is caused either to the wooden flooring or to our clients’ personal belongings.
The end result was a beautifully restored and durable parquet floor that is easy to maintain and provides a striking statement. If you are looking to restore a wooden floor please be assured of our professional and skilled approach. You can arrange a free quotation or request information by calling 0845 4599941.
By On November 11, 2014 2 Comments
To restore a wood floor to their originally-laid natural beauty is something that we take great pride in. We are deeply passionate about wood floors and this drives us to approach each and every job with the utmost respect.
It also means that we get the opportunity to employ our skilled craftsmanship to provide the best-achievable results. This formed the base of our approach with this floor sanding job that we completed in a pub in Leeds.
The wooden floor was extensively damaged through years of use and heavy foot traffic. We completed a comprehensive survey which allowed us to provide an accurate quotation for the completion of the works. It is also an opportunity to discuss our guidance and recommendations.
Our industrial strength sanding equipment was then used to achieve a smooth finish. Our clients were particularly pleased to hear that we employed the use of a revolutionary dust free floor sanding system. This was important as it would virtually eliminate the residual dust created, reducing the clean-up time after the project was completed.
The finish needs to be tailored to match the individual requirements of the space that is being restored. This provides a floor that is both aesthetically pleasing but that is long-lasting and functional.
We strongly believe that consistently striving to offer the best results and service has aided the natural growth of our family-run business. We invite you to call on 0845 4599941 to request a FREE no obligation survey.
By On October 6, 2014 2 Comments
Wooden flooring offers a range of advantages for both domestic and commercial settings in comparison to other floor coverings that are important to be aware of.
We were invited to restore this classroom wooden floor in Hull; it had been covered for many years and on our initial consultation, our client was unsure of the results that could be possible through wood floor restoration.
We took the time to discuss options with regards to our state-of-the-art dust free floor sanding process that we are able to offer and the different types of wood finishes that are best suited to commercial environments.
The before and after images pay testament to the true transformation that can be completed with careful restoration of wood floors.
Our client was aware of the benefits of wooden floors so was ecstatic with the results. The benefits include;
- A good quality wooden floor is extremely long-lasting. They can even improve with age with awareness and understanding of routine maintenance.
- Wood floors are more hygienic than other floor coverings. This is particularly important in a commercial property; carpets harbour a range of dirt, bacteria and parasites that can be harmful to those with allergies.
- Wooden floors can be restored; this process is fast, efficient and cost-effective and can produce the most incredible results.
- There is a huge range of wood floors; this means that they are available to suit a range of budgets.
- Another benefit of wooden flooring is that it offers timeless aesthetic appeal. A cared-for wood floor looks beautiful in any setting and this, coupled with the fact that it is durable and long-lasting means that it is a brilliant option for both domestic and commercial properties.
If you would like request further information on our floor sanding services we invite you to call today on 0845 4599941.